One question that commonly arises in my email messages from readers and clients alike is the same that appears in all professions (yes, I’m saying that producing a good, credible business weblog is a professional undertaking): how do I get started?
As of yet, there aren’t any books I’m comfortable recommending, but I will say that I was appalled the book Blog, by Hugh Hewitt, and found it to be terrible, just terrible. I have high hopes for some of the new books in the pipeline from various authors who are part of the corporate blogosphere, however, so instead of listing any books, I’ll point to some of my favorite online references.
Note: My intent is to keep this list reasonably up to date, so if you have an additional article you think would be a valuable addition, please add it as a comment and I’ll migrate it up to the main article if I agree. If not, I’ll leave it as a comment and let people read it and decide for themselves.
In no particular order:
- Blogs Keep Internet Customers Coming Back from The Wall Street Journal.
- Blogging at IBM from The International Association of Online Communicators.
- Getting Started with RSS from BlogWrite for CEOs
- Top 7 Tips to Write an Effective Blog from BlogWrite for CEOs.
- Blogging Starter Checklist from Life Beyond Code.
- Blog Related Firings Focus on Policy from Yahoo! News.
- Blogging and RSS: What Does It Mean to the Travel Marketer? from IOAC.
- Technorati Problem: Corporate Blogging from The Red Couch.
- NewPRWiki: Resources and Business Blogging 101 from The New PR.
- What’s a Character Blog? from Ask Dave Taylor.
- What’s an RSS Aggregator? from Ask Dave Taylor.
- What are the essential HTML tags I need for blogging? from Ask Dave Taylor.
- Fake Blog Cheapens Diageo Brand from Neville Hobson.
- How to Blog Safely from The Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- CTO�s Blogging from Brad Feld.
- Exemplary business blogging: Boeing compliments SWA from The Intuitive Life.
- How to Write Blog Posts from What’s Next.
- Understanding Blog Speak from The Blog Herald.
- Why We Filter Blog Comments from BusinessWeek’s BlogSpotting.
Where to Submit Your Blog because we all want to be found.
I’m sure I’ve missed lots of great reading on this subject. Please help me create a thoughtful and useful listing here. Thanks.