As a professional speaker and gadabout, I get involved with a lot of workshops, seminars and conferences, but it’s only the occasional one that really sparks my imagination and has me looking forward to the event, not the late night parties.
I am psyched about going to Blogworld and New Media Expo next month in Las Vegas (and I’m speaking too, on the awkwardly titled “Are You Getting The Most Money Out Of Your Blog As You Can?”, along with Tim Jones, Chris Pirillo, Michael Jenkins, and, probably, Jim Kukral moderating us. Still, Blogworld’s more about parties and socializing than sitting in a room with hundreds of people, listening to presentations.
That’s why my friend and colleague Doyle Albee (head of Metzger Associates, a leading PR agency in Colorado with a strong social media practice) and I came up with the Social Media for Executives mastermind briefing the day before Blogworld, also in Las Vegas.
It’s exactly the kind of event I most love: a small group of very, very talented people will be hiding out for a day, brainstorming their businesses, rising to their current and future industry challenges, and learning tons from each other. The lineup of speakers? It’s world class, really, A+ listers:
- Paula Berg is the manager of Emerging Media for Southwest Airlines, the nation’s leading low-fare air carrier and the largest domestic airline in terms of customers carried.
- Jessica Berlin is the Social Media manager for the Resident Shows Division of Cirque du Soleil based in Las Vegas.
- Deirdre Breakenridge has been in PR and marketing for 20 years helping senior executives in mid-size to large organizations communicate to their stakeholders. She has written four books, most recently Putting the Public Back in Public Relations, which she authored with Brian Solis.
- Linda O’Neill is the general manager for Customer Operations with EMBARQ. Linda is a seasoned community manager and customer operations professional with nearly 30 years of sales, customer care, marketing and vendor management expertise, including leadership and training & development experience.
- Liz Ryan is an expert on the new-millennium workplace, a former Fortune 500 Human Resources executive and the author of Happy About Online Networking: The Virtual-ly Simple Way to Build Professional Relationships. As an advisor to corporations on workplace and leadership issues, she has worked with Omnicom, Tyson Foods, General Electric, NBCi and a long list of global employers.
- Ari Newman is a passionate entrepreneur who excels in creating value in ideas and technology and thrives on the challenges and opportunities that define early stage companies. He is president and founder of Filtrbox, a real-time social media monitoring service that helps companies listen to and engage in online conversations.
Sponsored by Filtrbox, this is going to be one of the best small, private workshops available this year, the best place to really learn the strategy of successful social media, not the how-to that your employees or agency can manage. Aimed at senior executives, I’m really looking forward to this amazing day – and great surprise evening event.
If you’d like to join us, you really do need to act right now as we have a very, very limited number of seats available!
—-> Click here to register for Social Media for Executives <—
Don’t delay, we’d hate to turn you away because it’s filled up.